How to Replace Beats Headphone Batteries
Quickly learn how to replace Beats headphone batteries. As you know, Beats are the headphones that celebrities and athletes love the most. However, they aren’t known for their durability or longevity. There’s a good chance that you have had Beats wireless headphones before and they may have had a few bad experiences with their batteries.
This could have meant that you would need to spend at most $59 and wait 3-10 business days before each Beats battery repair. It’s absurd, when you consider that Amazon sells replacement batteries starting at $10!
We’re going to show how to replace Beats headphone batteries for different devices. Let’s dive in.
How to Check Your Beats Battery
A bad battery can often be identified by its inability store electricity and not being able to power up your Beats. However, before replacing your battery, ensure that you are not ignoring other components of your Beats.
You don’t want to have to spend time replacing the battery only for your headphones to be damaged by the charging cable.
You can try these troubleshooting techniques if your headphones don’t start charging after plugging them in:
* You can use a different charging cord
* Another charging head/outlet can be used
* Cleaning the charging port to remove dust and other debris
* Hard (factory) reset
But if none of these methods work, it is possible that your Beats headphones are suffering from a bad battery. Check your smart devices to confirm if the battery levels have changed after charging. You will need to pair your Beats headphones with your smartphone to verify their battery.
How to Check Beats Batteries on Apple Device
Here’s how to check the battery of your Beats on iOS, Mac, or Android.
On your iPhone or iPad, or iPod touch
Follow these steps for checking the battery status of Beats headphones in iOS devices.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your iOS device.
- Beats earbuds can be placed in a charging case. The lid should remain open. Beats headphones should be put into pairing mode. Hold the power button down until the indicator light blinks white.
- Your Beats headphones should be held within 2 inches of your iOS device.
- Tap “Connect”, on the pairing prompt.
- The notification card should show the battery level.
The battery widget can be used to quickly check the level of your Beats headphones and iOS devices that you have already paired with them. Here’s how it works:
- Swipe to the right on your iOS device’s home page to view the widget page.
- To add a widget to your site, choose Edit/Customize then tap the “+” button.
- Scroll down until your find the battery widget.
- The battery level can be seen on Beats devices.
On your Mac
You can also check your Beats headphones’ batteries with macOS devices. Here’s how:
- Bluetooth connects your Beats to your Macbook/iMac.
- Click the Bluetooth button in the upper-right corner on your macOS device.
- Click on Beats headphones to see more options. The pop-up tab will display the battery percentage of Beats headphones.
How to Check Beats Batteries on Android Device
PowerBeats Pro wireless earbuds are a great option for Android, even though they’re owned by Apple. This is only true if Beats products you have on your Android.
You can check your Beats’ battery life by following these steps if you use them with an Android smartphone.
- You can pair your Beats and your Android phone.
- Open the Settings menu and navigate to Bluetooth settings.
- You’ll be able to see the Beats headphones and their battery life.
Alternatively, you can also download Beats Android app to check the battery and access additional options such as active noise cancelling and transparency mode.
How to Check Beats Battery Life on Windows PC
You can check the battery status of Beats on Windows PC by following these steps:
- Connect your Beats to Windows PC
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth & Other Devices.
- Under the Audio menu, look for the name of your Beats and the battery percentage.
You can plan to replace your Beats battery if you confirm that it is defective.
How to Replace Battery on PowerbeatsPro
PowerBeats Pro is a popular choice for workout earbuds. It can be tricky to replace its battery for beginners, but it is not difficult.
Follow this step-by–step guide to replace your PowerBeats Pro’s defective battery:
- You can remove the plastic covering by making an incision at the seam.
- Remove the battery ribbon tab with a tweezer.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to loosen the battery cover.
- To remove the shield from your hands, simply pull down on the tab.
- To soften the glue covering the two connectors, heat is applied. Use a flathead screwdriver and lift the adhesive.
- You can remove the solder holding the connectors together. 7.
- You can now remove the battery from the socket by using a prying device.
- Install the Powerbeats Pro replacement battery. The green cable should be connected to the upper connection point.
- Attach the replacement battery directly to the mainboard.
- Apply superglue to the housing’s outer edges and reattach the battery cover.
- Cover the cover again and let dry. This step is important, especially if your PowerBeats Pro are used as workout earbuds.
How to Replace Beats Headphone Batteries: Beats X
Follow this step-by–step guide to replace a bad battery in your Beats X
- Locate the housing that holds the battery. It should be located closer to the right-earbud. The housing can be removed by using a heat gun to loosen the adhesive.
- With a flathead screwdriver, push the cable’s other end into its housing.
- You can remove the internal components from the housing.
- You can remove the battery cables to prevent it from getting damaged.
- The black cover for the connection should be removed.
- Disconnect the cable from the battery and remove it.
- You can replace the defective battery by connecting the cables.
- Reassemble Beats X to replace the defective battery.
How to Replace Battery on Beats Studio 2
One of the most simple headphones to change a battery is Beats Studio 2.
Here’s how you do it:
- You can remove the right earcup’s center cap by lifting it up.
- Remove the four screws that are holding the earcup in place.
- The “R” tab should be removed and the housing of the plastic can be taken apart.
- Disconnect the battery connector from the mainboard.
- You can remove the faulty battery with a prying instrument.
- Connect the Beats Studio 2 replacement batteries to the mainboard.
- Reassemble your Beats Studio 2
How to Replace Battery on Beats Solo 2 and 3
The Beats Solo 2 (and Solo 3) have almost identical body structures. To swap out a battery on either of these devices, you can use this guide:
- You can remove the earcups housing by using a prying instrument.
- Unplug your battery from the mainboard.
- With a prying instrument, remove the battery.
- Connect your replacement battery to the mainboard.
- Reassemble Your Beats Solo 2 or 3
How to Replace Battery on First-Gen Beats Headphones
- Turn off the Beats By Dre headphones by unplugging them. The left-hand earphone should be held in one hand and the other with the outside facing up.
- With both your thumbs, gently press the earphone’s outer surface down. Turn the earphone cover left to expose the battery compartment.
- Take the batteries out of the battery compartment. Place a pair of new AAA batteries into the compartment.
- Place the earphone covers back on the battery compartment. Align the tabs of the cover at the bottom with the slots of the headphones. To secure the cover, turn the cover towards the right. Connect the headphone to the power adapter and turn the switch to “On”.