Playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is made so much easier and you become a better player when you have the right equipment. As this is a first person shooter, you need to find gaming gear that will help you improve your play and make the entire game more enjoyable.
The headset you choose needs to do this all without breaking the bank, which can make it difficult to choose the best headset for CS:GO. To help you discover which features you should be looking for and which headsets will really make a difference we have developed this guide.
Consider This Before Buying a CS:GO Headset
- Sound Quality. In this FPS, it is essential that you are able to carefully listen to the sounds, as you will then be able to more easily locate your enemies and predict their next moves. Without being able to hear others and hear the sounds you are making, you could become an easy target.
The quality of what you are hearing can also be enhanced when the headset you are using has noise cancelling properties so any outside disturbances can be ignored.
- Microphone. Being able to communicate with your teammates is also essential to successful play. This can only be achieved when you have a great microphone. Some even have a muted feature so you can bow out of gaming conversation for a moment and answer a phone call.
- Comfort. When you play CS:GO, chances are you will be playing for more than just a few minutes, and thus, need a headset that you won’t mind wearing for hours. This means it needs to be adjustable to the size of your head and have earmuffs that feel like tiny cushions for your ears.
Top 6 Headsets for CS:GO Ultimate Table[ws_table id=”90″]
Tips for Buying a Headset for CS:GO
- Opt for a Closed Headset over an Open One. The best headset for CS:GO is closed ones, as they will help to eliminate more outside noise. Closed will let you hear more detailed sounds like the enemy’s footsteps or reloading sounds. Open headsets can work well too as long as you are in a quiet room.
- Wired or Unwired, That Is the Question. This mainly comes down to how much you are willing to spend on a headset. The ones that come with cables are less expensive and are still high quality if you don’t mind being attached to the gaming device. The wireless headsets are, however, often made more durable and will thus last longer.
- Durability Is Key When You Want a Headset to Last Longer Than a Few Months. High-quality headsets can last for many years when you invest in comfort and build.
Top 3 Best Headset for CS:GO Reviews
1. Kingston KHX-H3CL/WR
The HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset has an aluminum build that gives it a comfortable shape and makes it incredibly durable for all kinds of gaming. The soft leather bank and the incredibly soft and cushioned earmuffs make this headset easy to wear.
On top of the comfort of this headset, they come with all of the quality you could want too. Considering the relatively low price, you get more than your money’s worth.
When you consider that this headset comes with everything you need to use them and even a set of extra earmuffs, you will never need to spend any more on the extras.
2. Sentey GS-4730
For longer periods of gaming or even listening to music, the Sentey GS-4730 7.1 Digital Surround Sound Gaming Headset is head and shoulders above the rest.
The adjustable built-in microphone is a great feature for gaming and it really does pick up all of the speech you want it to for team playing.
The long braided cord and the strong build also make this quite a durable and long lasting headset for gaming too.
3. Logitech 981-000541
The Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset is a great option for gaming as it is built to last and has all of the comfort and sound features you could want.
What makes this the best headset for CS:GO is that first they eliminate outside noise. The earmuffs go all the way around your ear to cancel out as many distractions as possible.
The ear pads are washable too, which is always a plus. Gamers will not have to buy an entirely new set just because an existing one has become overused.