Don’t think that your $50 limit automatically means that you’re settling for a lower quality product when it comes to a pair of headphones.
We’ve done our research and there are actually some pretty good choices out there in this price range, so if you’re looking for the best Bluetooth headphones under $50, you’re in the right spot.
Check them out!
Obviously, this is the most important factor as you search for the right pair! You don’t want a big, bulky, sound-isolating pair of headphones out on a jog, and while you’re trying to study for finals, you probably need something a better than a pair of earbuds to help you block out all of the background noise.
- Earbuds. Great for sports or when you still need to hear a bit of background noise going on around you.
- Over-Ear. For complete or near-complete sound isolation, a pair of over-ear headphones are great, especially when traveling or when you need to focus on what you are listening to (recording music, translations, transcriptions, etc.)
- On Ear. This is somewhere between earbuds and over-ear headphones in terms of sound quality.
They provide better sound quality than earbuds and not as much sound isolation as a pair of over-ear headphones. A middle-of-the-road solution, if you will.
How You’ll Use Them
While we all have our preferences, there are some headphones that work better than others for specific activities. Take this into consideration as you shop.
- Sports/Working Out. At the gym or when you’re running, it’s best to use earbuds, but for cycling and for those who can’t use traditional headphones, a pair of bone conduction headphones would work well.
- Travel. Over-ear headphones are great for travel, when you want to isolate yourself in the music and shout out the sounds around you.
- Gaming. Over-ear headphones with a microphone are useful when gaming, especially since you need complete isolation in order to hear background noises (enemies moving, whether or not there are subjects coming from the right or left, etc.)
- Music. For those who are just interested in listening to music, the sky is the limit. Ear buds are lighter but you will hear more background noise.
On-ear headphones offer better sound quality but let some background noise in.
Over-ear headphones work great for recording music or music enthusiasts who want to enjoy their listening experience.
Top 10 Bluetooth Headphones Under $50 Comparison[ws_table id=”82″]
Top 3 Best Bluetooth Headphones Under $50 Reviews
1. August AUG EP650B
Manager your music and your phone calls without spending hundreds by opting for these over-ear headphones by August, ones that we consider the best Bluetooth headphones under $50. Their convenient design (you can collapse them for easy storage); the sound quality they offer and the comfort make them hard to beat.
The Bluetooth 4.1 technology allows you to listen to your favorite tunes from both smartphones and tablets, and it’s equipped with NFC and aptX technology that provide you with a rich listening experience without the need for cables.
The built-in microphone and control buttons make it easy for you to switch from phone calls to music, and vice versa, and the rechargeable battery lasts just over 10 hours between charges. Even at 30 feet away, the sound quality is as good as when you are three feet away.
Listening to bass-heavy music is just as good as listening to Bach with no distortion, so in their category and price range, these headphones are hard to beat.
Too good to pass up!
2. Silicon Devices Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
If you are looking for something a little sleeker, these Bluetooth earbuds are an excellent choice for under 50 bucks.
Since these hook on your ears, they allow you to do high-impact activities without the risk of flying off as you move.
Small and powerful, these little earbuds feature an HD audio chip and Bluetooth 4.0 technology, which is compatible with most mobile phones. Included is a USB cable and microphone, making it easy to handle incoming and outgoing phone calls anywhere you go.
These are also lightweight and sweat-proof, which means you can wear them to the gym or out running without a problem.
Battery life is a bit shorter than the previous headphones (between 3-4 hours) but the range is great (you can move up to 30 feet away from a device and without experiencing any connection issues).
They are comfortable, quality and affordable, and the best Bluetooth earbuds under $50 you’ll find. Try some!
3. Mixcder ShareMe
For those who are counting every nickel and dime when it comes to buying a pair of headphones, these ShareMe headphones by Mixcder are an excellent choice.
Volume output is great (they are pretty loud) and the sound quality is great for this price range. It is balanced, with a great high and mid ranges, a thick treble and an impressive bass.
These are fun to use on trips or with your friends because you can use two pairs of headphones simultaneously thanks to the ShareMe technology, and with Bluetooth 4.1 technology, it’s easy to manage your music and your phone calls at the same time.
The range is shorter than the other headphones above (you can only move up to 10 feet away), however with 20 hours of music, 20 hours of talk time and up to 300 hours of standby time, we still think these over-ear headphones are pretty darn awesome.