We all know that workouts usually work better when we are pumping iron, dancing Zumba or running on a treadmill to the beat of our favorite tunes.
Since the ear gear options are kind of endless these days (the market is flooded with the latest and greatest headphones), we thought we would weed out some of the options by highlighting the best workout headphones.
Taking it a step further, those of you in need of wireless headphones or earbuds for the gym will particularly benefit, because all of the great options below are cord-free.
Check them out!
What Works for Workouts
When you are at the gym and you want to be wire-free, here is what you want and don’t want to use:
- What You Want. Earbuds are best the best wireless headphones for gym use, but if they tend to fall out of your ears or you prefer a bit more noise isolation, there are some decent on-ear and over-ear headphones you can use at the gym.
Check out numbers four and six below if you’re looking for a decent pair of over-ear headphones that you can wear during workouts!
- What You Don’t Want. Avoid bone conduction headphones (they’ll come flying off during high-impact movement), and if you plan on doing Yoga or other activities where you’ll be doing a variety of moves, positions, or lifting your arms above the head, then you’ll probably want to avoid over-ear headphones.
Top 10 Best Wireless Workout Headphones Chart
What to Look For
As you search, here are a few things to pay attention to when you read the fine print.
- Battery Life. You need something reliable that won’t die 10 minutes into your workout. That’s a major mood killer!
Look for headphones or earbuds with a battery life of at least four hours.
- Noise Cancelling/Noise Isolation. First, you should know the difference between the two: noise-isolating headphones will help prevent background noise from interfering with your listening experience, while noise-cancelling headphones cancel the background noise sound waves electronically.
With that being said, it’s good to get either one, because apart from allowing you to get the most from your music, they will also help prevent music leakage that may disturb others in the gym.
Keep your music to yourself!
- Moisture Factor. You will sweat, you might even cry, so you need to find a pair of headphones that can handle your rivers of moisture.
Sweat-proof headphones are a “must” for working out. They’ll stay in place and won’t absorb your sweat and oils from the skin, which also reminds us to tell you that you should avoid headphones with fabric ear cups.
There’s really no way to clean them, so they’ll just accumulate all of that sweat and stinky moisture until they are too nasty to touch.
Top 3 Best Wireless Headphones for Gym Reviews
These wireless earbuds from SoundPEATS are definitely some of the best wireless headphones for gym use out there, and they are always coming out with new and improved versions in order to offer you the most modern listening experience.
The QY8 version features Bluetooth 4.1 technology so you can stay connected to your audio and manage phone calls no matter where you are.
The sound experience is awesome since they greatly reduce the amount of ambient noise that you hear and you’ll enjoy a balanced mixture of dynamic bass and refined treble. One of the reasons these are so good is the precision engineering that went into the design. Every small detail has been addressed in order to provide you with the right fit that balances comfort, quality listening experience and something that stays in your ear as you move.
Battery life is 5 hours, which is pretty good for headphones. If you were looking for a pair of wireless Bluetooth earbuds for workouts, these are a great option.
These Bluetooth headphones with a built-in mic are great for the gym, and they are pretty competitively priced with some of the other options on our list, so if you haven’t had luck with them you might give these a try.
You can’t beat the eight hours of listening time they provide you with and the sound experience is equally as great. The EDR Audio technology provides you with a deep base, amazing acoustics and CVC6.0 noise cancelling technology to let you focus on the music and not on the noises around you.
The Bluetooth 4.1 technology feature allows you to travel up to 33 feet away from your music source without skipping, and most importantly, they stay in place for more rigorous workout activities.
Choose from white, red or black!
These little Volcanos will offer you an explosion of sound HD audio sound quality and they’re perfect for workouts. It provides you with a rich, dynamic sound experience and you can choose from different sized silicone tips in order to isolate the sound with a custom fit in your ear.
People like these for workouts because they are sweat-proof and they stay in place during more intense workouts or high-impact moves. They also have Bluetooth 4.0 technology so you can listen to the tunes from your phone even if the phone is 30 feet away.
The battery on these will last between three to four hours, not bad but not as good as some of the other earbuds out there.
Still a great, reliable pair of earbuds for workouts.